Short history

Suici dates back over 500 years, its first founders being refuge shepards from Transilvania. Among these, there was a young woman very dedicated to pastoral life, beautiful and skilled singer, named Suica.

 

In 1505, on December 10th, Radu The Great « empowers boyar Badea of Suici and his sons, boyars Suica, Dara Spatar, Dragomir and cazan as the owners of the village Suici ». This is the first written document which mentions the name of the village, proving the fact that the place was nominated at that time.